9.16.2013

6 months!



Mi Familia
Man I can't believe I have been out for 6 months. That is crazy! Times has literally gone by so fast. I really feel like yesterday I was entering the MTC. It truly is AMAZING how much I have changed in these last 6 months. I have learned more about myself and the Gospel then probably ever before. My spiritual muscles have been stretched so much farther then ever before, and let me tell ya, it certainly has NOT been easy. But you know the Greatest part, it has all been worth it. When I look back on these 6 months, I don't find myself saying, man I wish I could have been better, stronger, worked harder, etc. I look back and all I see are the miracles in my own life and in everyone else's. This mission, this time has been absolutely essential to my life and I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. In my personal opinion, I think every girl who has a desire to serve, most definitely should, and every other girl as well. I would recommend it to everyone. And I know it’s scary. I was absolutely petrified. I didn't want to leave the MTC, I was so scared. But you know what helps? The fact that we have a LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER, a SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, and the HOLY GHOST (our comforter). They KNOW me and all of you. They have helped me so much, and I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for them. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL SO MUCH. It has literally changed my life for the better. My testimony has NEVER been stronger. I often find myself marveling over this AMAZING GIFT that we have been given. And to me there’s no question. There is no question of whether I believe it or not, the only questions I have now are, what more can I do? What more can I learn? Ahh...its amazing.

And what’s truly AMAZING is watching the Gospel change others lives. We had an incredible lesson with our investigator. She literally has been so prepared to hear the message of the Gospel. She came to Church yesterday with her family and they all loved it. Then we just got back from teaching her again. We had a member with us and the spirit was there. We were committing her to pray to know it’s true, and she said she doesn't need too, she already knows! Oh my goodness it was great. And I guess yesterday her daughters came home, the 8 year old at least, saying that she is a child of God and that she is going to get baptized. I was basically beaming from ear to ear. :) I love it. My testimony is strengthened even more when others are strengthened by the Gospel.
 
This week charity has been a huge theme. In District Meeting, we discussed charity and how we can develop more charity. We looked at a lot of examples of the Savior. And one I found is a talk by Brad Wilcox, "His Grace is Sufficient." Christ’s grace is sufficient for us all and that comes from his pure love for us all. Something I've learned quite powerfully is that we are forever in our Savior’s, and Heavenly Father’s debt. And some think we can repay him, but it is impossible. When we try to repay him, he just blesses us again, so we end up even more in his debt. Brad Wilcox said, "You have plenty to do, but it is not to pay the debt. We will all be resurrected. We will all go back to God's presence to be judged. What is left to be determined by our obedience is how comfortable we plan to be in God's presence and what degree of glory we plan on receiving." WOW. He goes on to say, "By complying, we are not paying the demands of justice- not even the smallest part. Instead we are showing appreciation for what Jesus Christ did by using it to live a like like His." WOW! Through Christ's pure love for us, he laid down his life, suffered bled and died for us. Then three days later, death was overcome in the Glorious resurrection. So to show our appreciation for Him, we live His Gospel, but more WE SHARE IT. As Elder Nelson said, our duty is to prepare the people here to receive the Savior when he comes again. And I can promise that when you look at people like the Savior does, you will want to share the Gospel with them. I have had that happen to me so many times now, when you look at someone as the Savior does, you get to see them for who they truly are and what they can become. I love it :)

The Gospel is AMAZING, and its even better when the members get involved and bring people in. When Alecia came to Church everyone was talking to her and making her feel welcome. They were so wonderful. I love this ward. I love that they are following the counsel of the prophet and developing a ward mission plan. I love the people here. I love the Gospel and I'm so grateful to have it in my life. 
Love you! 
Sister Benjamin


No comments: