11.24.2013

November 24, 2013


Her beautiful new area.

Well this week has been absolutely crazy, but certainly in the best way possible. I love it. I love being a missionary and the wonderful blessings that come from serving the Lord. I had a lot of great experiences this week, and Heavenly Father has been so good to me. First off, He blessed me with a WONDERFUL companion. She is AMAZING.  I love her so much. We have gotten along so well and we just hit it off, and I knew that we would be a power companionship from the beginning. I knew that she was going to help me so much, and I hope to be able to help her. She was a visa waiter for 5 1/2 months so she already knows so much, so we could just start working. I just love her so much and I am so grateful for the wonderful person that she is.
The next is that Heavenly Father blessed me with a WONDERFUL area. I have only been in Toronto for 3 full days but I already love it. The people here are wonderful. They have welcomed us into their homes and have just been so loving and kind to us. It is all I could ask for in a new area. I love that the members are so willing to meet with us and help us out. We met with Bishop and the Ward Mission Leader, and they are both willing and ready to work.
Another wonderful blessing is the people. Seriously. One lady just got baptized last weekend, and we were able to meet with her and she is wonderful. She has such a powerful testimony, and she just wants to be able to do what’s right. She has set a great example for me. There is another lady  who is getting baptized in 2 weeks’ time, and she is really excited and it will be wonderful. I'm really glad I got to come here at this time. This lady is amazing and she is really excited to have this culture for her family. She is wonderful. Coming here has really helped me to see  that Heavenly Father really does prepare the hearts of his children to receive the Gospel when they are ready. Heavenly Father really is a God of miracles and I have really seen that just being here for a couple of days.
In my practice this week of becoming more like the Savior in my teaching I really tried to listen to the Spirit, because I had never met these people before and I just needed Heavenly Fathers help. Another miracle. We visited this man that was investigating the Church a while ago. We went there yesterday with the Ward Mission Leader and we had a great lesson with him. We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon, and that with faith, God will provide a way for all things. And the whole time I just kept feeling like we needed to invite him to be baptized, so after my companion gave very powerful testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and trust in him, I invited him to be baptized. And he said YES. When, we don't know at the moment because we couldn't set a date with him, but he is really wonderful, and we felt that he would be baptized soon, so we are really excited about that.
There is a lot of work to do here, and I am really excited to be a part of it. I am loving it. I have felt the spirit so much and really have been learning so much. This week I have been reading in the Book of Mormon in Helaman and it is just amazing to me how quickly people are in forgetting Heavenly Father in their lives. And it really struck me, that I can be forgetting him without even noticing it. Something my companion and I have discussed a lot is our prayers, and how when things are all well and fine that we don't stop praying but we sometimes get lazy in our prayers. So we both made the commitment to really have meaningful prayers no matter what is going on in our lives. We have both felt such a greater spirit come to us, even though we have only been working together for a couple of days. I feel Heavenly Father’s presence more and I feel a greater love from Heavenly Father.

Love you Heaps
Sister Benjamin

No comments: