1.06.2014

Many Mighty Miracles



Dear Family and Friends,
Okay. I don't even know where to begin. This week has been incredible. Miracles have been appearing everywhere. It has been such a humbling thing to experience. Missionary Work is the greatest thing in the whole world. I LOVE IT. I know without a doubt that the Lord’s hand has guided everything this week. We have been so blessed I can do nothing but sing praises to my God all the day long. Just like they do in the Book of Mormon. My week has caused me to be like Ammon in rejoicing and boasting of my God.
Alma 26: 12,16,35-37

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

My core experience with God this week was seeing the blessings of being an obedient and consecrated missionary. Ever since my companion and I received the call to be Sister Training Leaders we have done a whole 180, with our sights set on our purpose. "Ever more effectively invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored Gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end." Each day we have seen incredible miracles. It reminds me of the promise King Benjamin gives the people if they keep the commandments.

Mosiah 2:41
41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, BOTH TEMPORAL AND SPIRITUAL; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

I would like to share a few of the miracles we witnessed this week so you too can know that God is leading this work. Wednesday we had a lesson with one of our investigators.She revealed to us what her true concerns were and we felt the spirit whisper to us that those were true concerns and that we would be able to, through small and simple means, help her to learn more about the Church. Something Sister L and I both felt during that lesson was that so many of the people we are teaching are on the brink of great miracles and changing their lives. If we want to get them there we have to step up our obedience and be worthy to call upon the powers of heaven to help us, help them enter into the fold of God. It’s not like we were doing anything wrong we just knew we could be a lot better. It was really powerful as we both knelt in prayer and asked Heavenly Father how we could be better. And as we have applied those things more and more blessings continue to flow.

My companion and I have been trying this transfer to focus completely on others. One of the ways we have been is by planning effectively and using our study time to help us be better prepared for our lessons. God truly does bless you when you are prepared and doing the things you are supposed to. Just as it says in Doctrine and Covenants 38: 30 "if ye are prepared ye shall not fear." We had felt for a while that we needed to meet with one of our members. They had been out of town for the Holidays, but we were able to catch up with them on Friday. We met her at the Church and we opened with a prayer. And we started by asking her a question we had planned to ask her in our studies that morning. I have no doubt that it was inspired because she opened up to us immediately and she began to tell us of her concerns and struggles. She expressed to us the feeling she had of not being able to find the truth and feeling alone. She felt as if she couldn't pray to Heavenly Father because He wouldn't really be there. My heart was just bursting hearing all these things. I felt that I had been where she was before, but I guess we all have. As she was speaking I was praying so hard that we would be able to share what she needed. I looked down and President Monson's talk, "We Never Walk Alone" jumped out at me. It was the talk we had prepared to share with her. And it turned out to be exactly what she needed. We felt so powerfully in that lesson the love that God had for her, his daughter. And as we were sharing this with her, the spirit was so strong. I couldn't help but cry. We were all crying. In just the spans of an hour we were able to, because of the spirit, help her feel God's love again and the spirit was just there. We all knew that Heavenly Father was real and that He loves all of us. I testify to you know that God's love is real and it never changes. If I know nothing else I know that for certain, and that is what will keep me going.

And Just as Doctrine and Covenants 68:6 says
6 Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

In my practice to teach as Jesus Taught, I noticed this week the real power of member missionary work. Sunday night we went to a Member home. We had planned to share a lesson with them and a non member friend. It was an amazing, no doubt, a transformational lesson.  Through it all we were able to testify boldly and confidently that God does answer prayers. That He lives, loves us and He is there for us to teach us all truth. WOWZA!  As we left woot, we were so excited. I couldn't even begin to share the joy and happiness we felt. I know without a doubt that any true happiness is felt in and only in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and sharing it with others.

But in speaking of New Year's Resolutions we had another lesson. And we talked about this and where he saw himself in a year. He was able to paint a picture and a vision of where he saw himself. As tears filled his eyes, we knew that it had 'clicked' with him. As I was watching him, I thought of where I saw 'Sister Benjamin' in a year from now. I could picture it and I realized the only way I could get there was by focusing on this year and what I'm going to do to make this year count.
1. To serve an honourable mission and return with honor.
2. To serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength.
3. To make each and every day count as one worthy in the Lords eyes.
4. Work Hard everyday, no matter how uncomfortable or exhausted I am
5. To love and serve my companion, my area and the people here everyday.
6. To FORGET MYSELF AND GO TO WORK
7. Be grateful everyday for the opportunity to be serving the Lord and his children.
8. To change and develop my Nature as a true DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST and not the natural man.
9. Be Freely Obedient and Dedicate each day as a day in the Lord's service.
10. To increase my personal commitment to find, teach and Baptize God's Children everyday.
11. To increase my knowledge of My savior through the Book of Mormon, prayer and serving as he served everyday.
12. Loving the work

This work is not about me, it is about inviting all to Come unto Christ. I know God wants all of his children home with him and I am going to do all I can to help as many as possible get there.
I know that this Church is the true Church on the earth today. I love My Savior and My Heavenly Father. I know this is God's work and I am grateful everyday to be participating in the miracle of the Work of Salvation.
I love you all.  I hope you have a fantastic week full of miracles.
Love
Sister Benjamin

No comments: