8.12.2014

Aug. 11, 2014



What a wonderful week full of miracles. 
My first miracle to share is also my core experience with God. It’s just wonderful. Heavenly Father really did bless us this week. He really is so good to us.
A family that I mentioned last week, who were so ready and prepared to receive the Gospel just kept being amazing this week.
On Monday night after p-day we went over to their house to have family home evening. We taught about the Godhead. This family has Hindi background so they don’t understand much so we decided to start from the basics. Ahh they are wonderful. They picked it up so fast and they really were loving all the things we talked about. We spoke of the Savior and how the greatest invitation he gives us is to follow him. WE felt then and there to invite them to be baptized for the 23rd of this month. The 2 boys readily accepted the invitation and they were super excited.
In another lesson we had with them this week, the mother asked us about the Holy Ghost. We spoke just briefly about the spirit and she began to tell us that she had been feeling the spirit especially in her prayers. Ahh!  She and both her boys believe the Church is true and they love it.
Another wonderful miracle with them is that they all came to Church on Sunday. The younger of the 2 boys, came running up to us after Sunday school and said they had just learned about Baptisms for the Dead, and he loved it. He said he wants to come every week now!
I love this family. They truly are heaven sent. We sat down, Sister L and I setting goals for the transfer and we prayed readily for the Lord to bless us with someone to teach and lead to baptism, preferably a family. And he blessed us! This family is wonderful and I know that it is only because of the love and grace of Heavenly Father that they are so ready and prepared to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I think for me this week the greatest barrier for me to become more of the missionary that God wants me to be, was thinking that we could make a choice on our own, without the Lord's input. We had some things this week that we needed to work out with the area, and we were trying to make decisions and it just wasn’t going very well. We had reached a point where we thought we could go no further, and then the thought came to our minds to pray and ask the Lord for his guidance. I think sometimes when we get so far we just think we can do something on our own. We’ve been taught and given the knowledge we need, but it was a great lesson for me this week to remember that no matter what is going on, I should be ‘counseling with the Lord in all my doings.”
As we continued the Lord blessed us and everything worked out perfectly, for what seemed to be a big problem to us was easily fixed by Heavenly Father and it just made things so much easier.
It really helped to change my perspective on our relationship with God and I found a couple of quotes this week that I absolutely loved.
“God exists in the world. He exists wherever men let him in. Perhaps it is only humble men, men in search of him, men with great need of him, who really let him in. And God comes to such men not only because of their great need for him, but also because of his great need for them as his allies in the divine task of creating a better world, a better human society, a real kingdom of God.”  -P.A. Christensen
“ You know always in your heart that you need God more than anything else. But do you know too that God needs you…in the fullness of eternity he needs you?” –Martin Buber.
This week I felt so humbled to really see that I was needed in this great work, not only to build the Lord’s kingdom, but so the Lord could build me. This is his divine plan and without us it isn’t possible. We are imperfect and we need to change and grow with his help and it is a blessing to think that someone as powerful as God, would actually desire to help us, to be with us and to strengthen us in our time of need.
In Deuteronomy 4:29-31 it reads
29 But if from thence thou shalt seek‍ the Lord‍ thy God, thou shalt find him,‍ if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
 30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even‍ in the latter days, if thou turn‍ to the Lord‍ thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
 31 (For the Lord‍ thy God is‍ a merciful‍ God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant‍ of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
 I have been so blessed this week to remember that it is only really this service as a missionary that I have been able to come to know how to seek the Lord with all my heart and soul. I am so grateful for the wonderful opportunity the Lord blessed me with to serve and help to bring others unto Christ.

Love you All
Sister Benjamin

No comments: