5.13.2013

First letter from Australia!



G'Day Mate!
Well I'm finally here! 
We got to our area on Friday night. Which is absolutely beautiful! It is smaller but I love it! (She is serving in Grafton, in the northern part of her mission. She is about 8 hours north of Sydney. Which means when the mission splits in July she will be in the Sydney North Mission.) Our branch only had 16 members that came yesterday but hopefully we will get more. :) Since I called you yesterday I won't write much.
But I have had wonderful experiences this week with Heavenly Father answering my prayers. And in the scriptures none the less, which usually doesn't happen all the much for me. I truly feel so much closer to him and i really hope that I will be able to continue to build up that relationship.
One funny experience is we were out tracting on Saturday and some guy called us over and asked if we wanted a glass of wine. We told him we don't drink wine and then he started talking about how he is learning the language of theology. He was definitely drunk. But when we were leaving we asked for his name and he told us that he was Morvius, Maximus and that he was Superman. So we left and laughed pretty hard about that.:)
I know that this Church is true. I know that we do have a loving Heavenly Father who never leaves us alone. The BOM is the word of God and I know that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet of God. As a missionary I represent Jesus Christ and He is my Savior. Because of him I am here right now living and breathing. He lives and he loves us so much. He knows exactly how we feel and we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. I love this Gospel and I'm glad I have the opportunity to share it with others. :)
Love you All
Love Sister Benjamin
 (She sounded pretty excited about the prospects of driving.  She already passed her test to drive on the wrong side of the road.  She will be the one driving as her companion does not drive.)

They got to go to the Sydney Temple before leaving for their areas
 
She found Target! All is right with the world. Her companion is from Tahiti
Her flat...she says it is super nice, and she has been told it is much nicer than the normal apartment she will experience in other places.  Her area has not had missionaries for over a year.


No comments: