4.09.2013

Made it to Mississippi, and now in Louisiana




Hey Hey!
I'm here in good old Mississippi! I really like it! Even though it is quite humid! Woot! Haha :) It feels really strange being here because I'm definitely not prepared at all for the South. I know really nothing about the people and I feel like I'm going to say stupid things to them and they will think I'm a freak. But hopefully not. The Mission President is absolutely wonderful. They are so kind and I'm so glad. I didn't even know who they were when I walked off the plane, but that's understandable because I'm here not in Australia. The other sisters who are here waiting for visas are all really nice. We are having such a good time together so that's good. I was worried but it is all working out fine. :) We had a little orientation meeting and they talked about putting 2 feet in the mission field and that is so true. I can't be thinking about being anywhere else. This is the work I'm supposed to be doing. I know I am supposed to be here and with the Lord's help I can do anything.We slept in the Mission home last night and it felt so good to be able to sleep in a real house not in the crazy MTC. I love the feeling that  home gives. I'm so glad to be able to be here. I'm freaking out, but it will be great. I'm relying completely on the Lord to carry me through this, taking it one day at a time. If I think too far ahead I can't handle it. All the things I have to do just seem too much, but one day at a time with the Lord's help will be just fine. They put me in a trio. I haven't met them just yet but I bet they will be great. They put us in trios because they said as soon as our visas come they will just ship us right out. My first area is in Louisiana in West Monroe. I can't believe that I'm going to Louisiana. I really truly can't even believe I'm here. It all feels very surreal. I still feel like its a dream and one day I will just wake up.

I can't believe that I'm actually starting in the field today. It really is surreal. I'm really scared but it will be good. Heavenly Father will watch out for me and protect me. I'm still praying every day for my Visa and you should do the same. But as long as I'm here, I will serve my heart out. It doesn't matter where I am, the work is the same. Everyone is God's children and they all need the Gospel. 

I really do love you all. I'm so grateful for the support and strength you are all giving me. Thank you for all your letters. It truly was so wonderful. 

I'm really glad to hear you are all doing well. I know the Lord is watching out for you just as much as he is for me. No matter where we are Heavenly Father sees us, knows us and will take care of us. I hope you have a good week! Love you!
Sister Benjamin


No comments: